Do you use something other than Google as your homepage? Yes? You're weird. AND you might be missing out. Here are three cool offerings from Google.
- Customize Your Google Homepage (this is so useful - information you WANT at your fingertips!)
- Look for and click the "Personalized Homepage" link (top right) on Google's own homepage.
- Sign in to your existing Google Account or Create One
- Clicking the "Personalize your Homepage" link on the left will open a pane that allows you to pick and choose content. The "More Content" button on the bottom has even more to choose from (look for the To-Do list - very cool!)
- Once you have added content - each content box has an Edit button that allows you to customize further (like putting your zip code in the Weather box) AND each box can be relocated to sit just where you like it. Just click and hold on the top of the box until you see a 4-way arrow and then drag and drop it to its new place.
- Add the Google Toolbar to your browser. Once you've installed it, click the "Options" button and investigate all your options
- Check out Google's language translation tools
- You can turn on a cool feature in the Options that will display words you point at on the Internet in another language
- You can also get pretty decent translations for text or webpages at Google Translate page